Convert Password to Login

Options

In the Windows 1Password 8 early access, is the option to convert passwords to logins removed? I can't find it.

1Password Version: 8.1.2-82
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• Hey @phil_,

You're right, we haven't added the ability to convert a Password item into a Login item yet. But it's on our to-do list!

Thanks for your question and please keep the feedback coming!

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

+1

Missing this more and more as time goes on.

• SpaceSwift
    SpaceSwift
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this as well. A much needed addition for 1PW8.

• peri
    Options

Thanks, @jcsully217 and @SpaceSwift. I'll pass your feedback on to our development team. ref: dev/core/core#3906

• trevordewitt
    trevordewitt
    Community Member
    Options

+1 when using 8 for mac to create the account for this site i used the create password option and could not find a way to convert it to a password. how ironic! :-) please add this soon.

• Wow, I didn't expect that this feature is still useful to so many people. Thank you for letting us know ❤️

• StevenBedrick
    StevenBedrick
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1 from me- I use this feature whenever I encounter a non-standard account setup workflow, which seems to happen to me with some regularity. Definitely a valuable/useful feature!

• Thanks for letting us know, @StevenBedrick!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote from my side! :)

• dougb
    dougb
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Blake
    Options

Thanks everyone! This one is definitely on our radar! 🤗

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

A bit of a delay from my end but agree that it's missing. @roustem it still surprises me that you're so surprised that all the features missing are wanted by users! Like who did actually user feedback and test the 1PW8 since 2020? Not everyday users but only a few who're not using the product fully? My mind is boggled is how botched this EA launch is... Not caring about the Electron part even.

• roustem
    edited September 2021
    Options

@krusnof This is the main reason we have the early access program!

I use 1Password many times a day but I didn't need the "Convert To Login" feature in the past couple of years. I still think that "Convert to Login" is a kludge and ideally we'd figure out and fix the process that is causing the need for this feature to exist.

And this is true about many other features in 1Password 8. We are taking the major upgrade as an opportunity to rethink and improve the workflows that existed in 1Password for many years.

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem I needed it today.
    A kludge it may be - but the alternative is to copy password / url etc, create new login with said password and delete old entry.
    Typically happens when checking out of sites for first time as a guest and then getting asked for a password.

• Sorry I didn't mention this sooner but Convert to Login has landed in 1Password 8 Early Access! Just add a username to any Password item to convert it into a Login.

Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Thanks again for all the feedback 💜

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_andrew !

Just tried converting a password entry into a login entry. And it works like a charm! Thanks! :+1:

• @DenalB Fantastic! Glad to hear it. Thanks so much 💜

This discussion has been closed.