Why after 4 or 5 years of customer requests for OCR input does Ben give only sarcastic non-answers?

parato
parato
Community Member

1 Password is first and foremost a security product. Security is successful only when it is convenient and easy to use. OCR input is no longer a technological edge, is has become a basic function. If you don't have the software capability or capacity then pickup some open source software or license a module.

Why are you putting the effort of entering credit cards, identity cards, loyalty card etc. etc. on the back of your customers?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• parato
    parato
    Community Member

How many years can 1Password continue to not listen to their user base?

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: Barcodes for membership and loyalty cards in 1Password.
  • Hey @parato

First and foremost, I apologize that any of my replies have come across as sarcastic and unhelpful. If you'd be willing to point me to my comment that you're referring to I'd be happy to take another look at the language I used so I can do better next time.

I'm not in a position to make promises about future plans, or expand on why it hasn't been possible for this to bubble to the top of the priority list, but I will add your voice to the feature request we have filed for it. This is something I'd personally love to see, as I manage a number of credit cards, and it'd be amazing to not have to type the details of each one (not to mention updating them every time one expires!).

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#19

• parato
    parato
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I understand you are not in the position to make promises, but it amazes me that a core User Experience feature doesn't bubble up to the top. Getting people to adopt good security practices is like pushing on a rope. Making it burdensome drudgery does not help.

By the way, I moved from True Key. The export and import process was good for logins, but I had hundreds of other records from Passports to Memberships that did not transfer.

• Thanks for sharing your feedback, @parato. We've shared your request with our development team regarding OCR scanning. Let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.