Please allow us to find for the application by searching for "one" instead of just "1"

Options
LightI3ulb
LightI3ulb
Community Member

Currently, when using search in the App Library or in Spotlight Search, you have to start the input with "1", which for some keyboards takes too many keystrokes to get to. Is it at all possible to give the application an alternate name like "OnePassword" so that it can be found via search more easily?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.8

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LightI3ulb!

I have reached out to the team to see if this is technically possible. I will post back here as soon as I hear back :+1:

• Hi @LightI3ulb!

We just did some testing internally, and we were able to search for "onepassword" in Spotlight in iOS 15 and have 1Password show as a result. As far as we can see, it looks like this will be coming today with iOS 15.

Cheers!

• LightI3ulb
    LightI3ulb
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jack.platten,

Thanks for the reply! I upgraded to 15 today, and gave searching for One a try, and 1password is not coming up. Example

Thoughts on anything I should try?

Thanks!

• Jack.P_1P
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hey @LightI3ulb:

Thanks for getting back to me. I did actually replicate what you're seeing after getting iOS 15 on my device. While Spotlight doesn't show 1Password as a result when I search for "one", it did show by the time I got to "onepa".

While I can't make any promises, I have filed this internally for you.

ref: apple-5495

• LightI3ulb
    LightI3ulb
    Community Member
    Options

I greatly appreciate you looking into this. I have confirmed that "onepa" does bring up 1password in spotlight search. I'll use this, and hope that you can eventually implement an alternative name.

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @LightI3ulb! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.