iOS 15, 1Password locks up Safari

rotax
rotax
Community Member

Just upgraded to iOS 15. Updated all apps including 1Password. Launched it and it asked me to enable the extension which I did and I was notified I needed a membership account. I cancelled as I am happy with autofill. I turned the extension off. Now when I open any page with a login password field Safari freezes and is unresponsive. I deleted 1password and everything is fine. I reinstalled it, Safari keeps freezing up with any page with a login and password

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15

Comments

• rotax
    rotax
    Community Member

I think its resolved. While this was happening, I could not access the iCloud settings / Keychain settings or the Settings / Passwords / Autofill setting without the Settings App Freezing as well and requiring a force restart. I Deleted 1Password again and restarted (did not restart before). I then reinstalled 1Password and now everything is ok now. I think something about turning on the extension at the prompt and then cancelling caused the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rotax:

Thank you for sharing this, and for letting us know how you fixed it! It would be difficult to say exactly what might have caused this now that things are back to normal, but please let us know if you encounter this again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.