Context-sensitive username format?

Options

[Not sure if this is the right topic, but it seems... adjacent.]

So... right now I've got a set of ActiveDirectory credentials saved multiple times (which WatchTower gets all edgy about), because, depending on the server URL, I need to present the credentials in different formats. The password is always the same, but, depending on the context, I need to enter:

username
domain\username
username@domain.tld

Is there any (clean) way to store all of this in a single entry? That would allow me to (properly) only store that password in one entry and be able to update it when it changes in a single place.

Anyone have a solution better than my approach of multiple entries by username format? Is there a cool new feature upgrade coming down the pike?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @battis!

At the moment using multiple entries is the only way I know to be able to fill all three entries, since the username changes. But our developers are aware of the request and are thinking if there is a way to do this with a single entry. I will let them know that you will also find this feature useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

• battis
    battis
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thank you! It's the kind of thing where I usually only have a small handful of credentials that are affected by this... but they're credentials I use All. The. Time. so it's kind of omnipresent in my awareness.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I certainly understand @battis, I know that the use case is quite a common one, so hopefully our developers can come up with a solution for these login types :)

This discussion has been closed.