Request: "Add current page to login"

timothymh
timothymh
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

There is a missing feature of 1Password which I wish for at least once a week.

Use case, taken from just now, from your very own website!

1. I go to the 1Password forum to submit a feature request, but need to log in.
  2. No problem, I just call up 1Password, and… No suggestions found? Ah, I see the forum has moved, and the domain name is different now.
  3. Search for "agile" to bring up the correct login.
  4. Oh right, I can't hit "Autofill" because it doesn't think this is the right website for it. I'll need to edit the entry.
  5. [I tried to edit it from the extension window, and nothing happened when I clicked Edit, but that's another issue — cf. discussions #121575, #122699, #122699, let me know if you'd like to see another ticket or logs or something.]
  6. Open 1Password.
  7. Search for the entry.
  8. Click Edit.
  9. Go back to browser to copy the login page URL.
  10. Go to 1Password, paste the URL.
  11. Save the entry.
  12. Quit 1Password and go back to the browser.
  13. Autofill, finally!

All this trouble could be saved if there was simply a button to add the current page to the login item!

And it's not just for the rare occasions when a website moves — other times I need this functionality:

• I originally added the login manually on my phone (no URL saved)
  • I originally saved the login from a registration page, and I'd like to update it to go to the login page instead
  • The website uses multiple different domains with the same login information
  • I'm logging into a Mac app, and I'm not sure what to add to the entry to have 1Password suggest it in this app in the future

Please consider this. It would make my experience much happier overall!

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Sounds like a great feature! I often had this problem, too. So +1 from my side! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.