Feature request - reordering fields/sections

arip
arip
Community Member

There doesn't seem to be a way to reorder sections or fields on the Linux or Web client. Could that be added?

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: 2.0.7
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021

Hi @arip, thanks for this question. Can you tell me a little more about this? For example:

1. Are you trying to reorder sections within a given item in the 1Password app? (like moving around website, notes, and so on within a login item?)
    2. What is the benefit of being able to re-order fields in this way for you?

I ask because we're always trying to keep in mind the kind of workflows people may be using the app to fulfill. So if there's something about re-ordering fields that makes a practical day-to-day difference for you, we want to know! 👍 I look forward to hearing from you. 😀

• arip
    arip
    Community Member
    1. Yes
    2. I have a 1Password entry with some custom fields needed during login, but I added them to the 1Password entry after a big Security Questions section, so they always show up at the bottom even though I use them more often. I'd like to rearrange it so the Security Questions are at the bottom.
  • 1P_Claudio
    edited September 2021

Thanks for getting back to us @arip and providing an explanation of your use-case and how you'd find the ability to re-order fields useful!

We have a request open for this and I've now provided your feedback to our development team. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on what you'd like to see in 1Password! :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#125

• Pacifica
    Pacifica
    Community Member

Can't on Mac client. Can on Windows version 7.x client.

• Thanks for this note, @pacifica. More consistency between the new generation of 1Password 8 apps (and a high standard for all) is certainly something we're striving for.

• Pacifica
    Pacifica
    Community Member

Imagine a world where every book, screenplay, and news article was written in one draft. That’s what 1Password 8 for Mac is like. It’s not hard to see the problem there.

• I'm sorry to hear that that's been your experience, @pacifica! We're certainly iterating on the app quite a bit, and have made a number of substantial improvements even since the first Early Access release was announced. I hope you'll be delighted by the Stable release when it comes, and rest assured that we're making tweaks, improvements, fixes, and updates literally every day here. 👍 And if you'd like to share any specific feedback on what kind of changes you'd like to see, we always welcome that too.

• Pacifica
    Pacifica
    Community Member

Will the stable release include ability to edit Secure Notes so information needed most can be at top or anywhere I want to see it instead of stuck in the position it was first created in?

• @Pacifica Items in 1Password do not inherently have a location in the item list. Where they appear depends on your current sort options and the vault that you are in. Here's a few different ways that you can adjust the position of secure notes (or any item, really):

• Add them to your favorites list, or create a dedicated vault for the most important ones
    • Any time you edit one it will move to the top of the item list if you have selected to sort by modified date with the newest items first
    • Or, if you sort by title you can modify the title to manipulate its position.

If you have any additional ways in which you need to sort items, please let us know and we will consider how to include them.

• Pacifica
    Pacifica
    Community Member

Sorting does not work inside a secure note for example. All my entries are glued into position. 1st draft becomes the final draft. Why would anyone want this?

• @Pacifica Ah, got it. Field reordering is a feature that we're looking at adding.

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

Will that include the ability to reorder the sections various groups of fields are contained within?

• I cannot say one way or the other at the moment. That's going to be something that our designers and UX experts think about when we get started on it.

This discussion has been closed.