1Password for Safari

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password 7.8 for IOS 12.4.1 troubleshooting.

Comments

• brank
    brank
    Community Member

It appears stand-alone vault use does not work with safari share function. And it appears this is an intended downgrade to force single-license holders to switch to subscription and to switch to cloud storage of data.

I would suggest anyone who cares about their security to avoid updating.

• Hi @brank

As of v7.8 we offer two ways to interact with Safari:

• Safari Web Extension. This is a new feature that relies on technologies introduced in iOS 15. It requires a membership.
    • Password AutoFill. We've had AutoFill suport for quite some time. This works with older version of iOS and works with both standalone and membership. It is also available in other non-Safari 3rd party apps, so even for those taking advantage of the new Safari Web Extension it probably makes sense to leave this enabled.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• brank
    brank
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

That’s one way of wording an answer. Another is, as of v7.8 you have removed the primary method of interacting with safari, including for people who are still on iOS 14.8

I implore you to change your mind but assume you will not and am actively looking at alternative password managers.

This discussion has been closed.