Me and my wife

vegarjb
vegarjb
Community Member

I already have a 1Password account and my wife does not but I want to get her account and we need to be able to share information. It seems like the family plan is over kill. What are my options?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vegarjb!

The Families plan would be my recommendation. Can I ask what makes you think it's overkill for your needs?

• vegarjb
    vegarjb
    Community Member

It is just 2 of us

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vegarjb:

The Families plan works regardless of the number of people in it. By default it includes up to 5 users, but you can certainly use it with 2, it has the same features :+1:

• M_2468
    M_2468
    Community Member

Hello, may I ask Why is that better than having the spouse just use the husbands login information (assuming they need the same information). That would very easy and less expensive then the Family account. Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community, @M_2468! What you're envisioning can be done, but it would mean that both husband and wife would share all data, as well as the same Account Password and Secret Key. If you share 100% of your information with your spouse, and don't mind them having the ability to change or delete it at will, then this might be an option for you. It's essentially sharing an Individual account.

What you sacrifice with this approach is any data privacy -- not that you would want to keep secrets from your spouse, necessarily, but even in the most trusting of marriages, most people these days each have a gmail account, and a Facebook account and in fact separate sign-ins for many other services. When you go to fill data into a sign-in page, you'd have to make sure to distinguish your sign-in from your spouse's for any such accounts -- and even then, you could inadvertently click theirs, and be signed in as them on Amazon or Facebook or anything else. In a 1Password Families account, each person has a Personal vault for unique sign-ins like email accounts, etc...and there is also the Shared vault for things like the family Netflix password where you both use the same login when you sign into that service.

This discussion has been closed.