Using Password AutoFill to fill TOTP codes in 3rd party apps

Options
alexiaa
alexiaa
Community Member
edited September 2021 in iOS

The latest version of 1Password added a Safari extension for iOS 15, which is great. But along with it, it seems like the share sheet action was removed as well. This is a problem for third-party apps such as secure ShellFish, which relied on this action to autofill TOTP codes for SSH. Now I am greeted with an empty share sheet where the 1Password action would normally be:

Please consider re-adding this feature.

Device: iPhone X
1Password: 7.8 (App Store)

Comments

• Hi @nyuszika7h

The share sheet has indeed been retired. We put out a notice to 3rd party developers along with a recommended path forward (using Apple's own Password AutoFill): https://github.com/agilebits/onepassword-app-extension/#readme
    You can read more about how to use AutoFill here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• alexiaa
    alexiaa
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Does that also work for autofilling TOTP codes? If so, I'll forward that to the developer of Secure ShellFish. If not, at least some sort of replacement for this would be nice if the share sheet action won't be brought back.

EDIT: I see .oneTimeCode in the Apple documentation, so I'll take that as a "yes". Though I've never seen an app make use of it so far.

• Thanks for passing the info along to them. If you fill a login with TOTP on it using Password AutoFill, 1Password can automatically copy the TOTP code to your clipboard for you.

You can find this option under 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill. :+1:

Ben

• alexiaa
    alexiaa
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, but in this case I don't have a password to autofill on login, because I use SSH key authentication, and TOTP is the second factor. Either way, it seems possible in theory, I'll see if the developer can get it to work.

• Very good. Thanks @nyuszika7h. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.