Feature request for Android - Notification bar icon

artworksmetal
artworksmetal
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Android

I know it's impossible to scan for every field that 1Pass could fill. There are times when I'm in an app (or browser page) that wants my address and/or email etc., but 1Pass is nowhere to be found. It would be cool if there was an icon in the notification bar that would pop open 1Pass and hopefully set it on its merry way to finding and filling the available fields. At the very least it would make it readily available for searching.

1Password Version: Latest always
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @artworksmetal!

I see that you posted this discussion in the SCIM Bridge forum section, but it looks like the request is related to 1Password for Android. To make sure we file the request properly, can you confirm which section you meant to use exactly?

• artworksmetal
    artworksmetal
    Community Member

Haha how did Í do that? Yes I was referring to Ándroid. Thanks.

• Hey @artworksmetal, thank you for your feature request for 1Password for Android! We're always looking to improve, so we really appreciate when our users give us such helpful feedback!

Let me first clarify that Autofill on Android is very tricky, because we are not the only involved party. When Autofill doesn't work as expected, it can be due to how a browser or app is developed, due to their specific sign-in page and how it's coded, due to the Autofill service itself not detecting the fillable fields and letting us know, or due to us doing something incorrectly. This is why you may see different behaviours and issues in different apps and sites. When issues arise, we test them out and report them to our developers, so they can further investigate. If you notice specific sites or apps where you're having consistent trouble with Autofill, please let us know :)

That being said, are you looking to fill fields other than Logins, such as Credit Cards and Identities? Are you referring to a notification or floating icon that will manually trigger Autofill?

• artworksmetal
    artworksmetal
    Community Member

Thank you for getting back to me. I have great sympathy for the fact that you are at the mercy of a website's form developer. That's where the notification could come in handy, whether it's name, credit card, or passport number. So I'm not looking for auto fill per se, just a quick method to get to the pop up that allows you to search in 1P. Personally I prefer notification, but I'm just not very fond of floating icons.
    In my PC web browser, that problem is solved by the icon that's always there in the toolbar.

• Hello @artworksmetal , thank you for clarifying that! I can definitely see the advantage of having a quick way to search 1Password in situations where Autofill is blocked or the fields are not detectable. You can use split screen mode to use 1Password and another app at the same time. With both apps open you can search 1Password and drag and drop your credentials. That being said, a notification would also be very convenient for searching. I have shared your feature suggestion with our developers. Thanks again for your interest!

This discussion has been closed.