How do I set a default vault to create new items in in the new Mac beta?

Options
Matt Boettger
Matt Boettger
Community Member

All the new items I create default to my clients 1password which I don't want it it to do. I want it to force 1password to always go to my personal family account first. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:Default VAult

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited September 2021
    Options

@Matt Boettger

Where are you creating the new items - is this from your browser or directly from the app itself?

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

@ag_chantelle
    From the app itself. Like if I drag and drop a document onto the icon to upload a document. For some reason, they are defaulting to one of my client's 1password accounts and would like to change that default behavior. Thanks!

• Thanks for confirming @Matt Boettger!

Like if I drag and drop a document onto the icon to upload a document.

Can you confirm which icon you are dragging the document onto? Whatever detail you can provide will help us understand the nature of the behaviour you're seeing.

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Oh, yes, on the 1password dock icon. Even if I click on "new item" within the app and create a new login, I see that the login is being stored in my clients 1password. I'm in "all accounts" within my 1password app. I do see that my clients account is the first account listed in the left column of the app but I don't know how to re-arrange those if for some reason, 1password is defaulting to the top account in 1password. Thanks!

• @Matt Bootger

You're right, if you don't have a specified vault already selected, it will default to the "top" vault of the first account added. I can definitely see the value of being able to set your default vault for saving, in this case. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our development team.

In the meantime, I'd recommend making sure you select the destination vault from the sidebar before creating a new item. This will ensure the items is saved directly in the desired destination vault.

ref: dev/core/core#9846

This discussion has been closed.