Search Discrepancies

Options

I think someone may have mentioned this before, but now I can't find it. I need to look up my password for TheTVDB only the browser plugin can find it if I type TV in the search bar. The main app and the quick access can only find the item if I search for the:

The Browser:

Quick Access:

The Full App:

Clicking Show all matching items will give me an even longer list of items that contain TV, but not theTVDB.

1Password Version: Mac 8.2.2 NIGHTLY
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Search in 1Password is not reliable. I have a similar problem with an entry for Open Weather Map. Searching for ‚weather‘ only works if the entry is using camelcase, i. e. ‚OpenWeatherMap‘. But in my vault it‘s ‚Openweathermap‘ and search isn‘t able to find it. According to the support teams it‘s a known issue that still has to be fixed.

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member
    Options

According to the support teams it‘s a known issue that still has to be fixed.

Thanks.

I also realized too late that I included the wrong screenshot in the full app. The first should have been:

• Hi @rpallred, thanks for showing the issue here. I can confirm that improved search function is something the developers are working on, and I'm happy to link this conversation to that project. Thank you for the feedback! 🤝

ref: dev/core/core#10254

This discussion has been closed.