Safari 15.0 issues logging in to chase.com with auto-fill

Options
burnwa
burnwa
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I am able to just copy and paste from 1Password into the username/password fields and log in fine. But, when I use auto-fill, the Chase website misbehaves; after the auto-fill and clicking on "Sign in", the website says "It looks like this part of our site isn't working right now".

I also had similar problems with the Citi bank website. But, that seemed to resolve itself. Perhaps the problems were from just before I disabled all my extensions. (Duck Duck Go and Clip to DEVONthink)

In any case, I've tried with the legacy extension as well as the new one. In both attempts only that single extension was running. All history, website data, and caches were cleared.

Not a big deal. Just a heads up. I'm happy to help diagnose if you need more details.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7 / 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @burnwa!

I have managed to fill both username and password by creating a new Login item manually:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Can you give that a try and see if that works for you too?

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

Well, bad news or good news.

I carefully created a new entry, being sure to not edit the old one. I did this using 1Password on my Mac. I simply created a new entry, then copied the username and password from the old entry using the copy "button" and pasted those directly into the new entry.

The new entry worked perfectly. Then I tried the old entry. The old entry worked perfectly using both 1Password extensions. I'm curious what you think; is that good news or bad? :)

Perhaps, Chase noticed errors in its logs and addressed some issue on their end. I did make some noise, trying many times to log in.

• @burnwa

Thanks for following up and for the detailed synopsis of your findings. It's hard to confirm, with certainty, what transpired. Typically the recommendation, when an item is not working as expected, is to attempt recreating the item and see if it behaves differently. It's entirely possible Chase may have updated something on their end. Nonetheless, we are glad that everything is working as expected for you now. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.