1Password Connect for ARM64

jazb
jazb
Community Member

With have a Mac M1 to do my test a mi usage case is for the IoT that the server API can be exist on a Raspberry Pi 4, I know that the app is write on golang but the docker containers public available only have compatibility with x86, your can be publish a image for ARM64 linux/darwin version ?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi jazb,

Improving ARM64 support for the connect server is on the roadmap. I cannot comment on specific timelines but it is something that is coming

• Fiahil
    Fiahil
    Community Member

Hi,

I have the same request. ARM64 support is a big deal as a lot of people are using raspberry pis as home servers. I would volunteer to do the port myself if that's not your priority right now,

• andymacaroonski
    andymacaroonski
    Community Member

Would love ARM64 support as well. Especially with AWS graviton becoming more popular and raspberry pi

• partydrone
    partydrone
    Community Member

We're halfway through November, now.

I'm trying to configure my local development environment using 1Password Connect on my MacBook Pro M1 Max and Docker, and the amd64 images are not working—my client can connect to the API server, but the sync server fails to respond. I'm kinda stuck until this is resolved.…

• csharpsteen
    csharpsteen
    Community Member

I'd also like to see build for aarch64 and maybe even armhf for use on RaspberryPi. Trying to run the Docker compose config under qemu-user-static 6.1 results in containers that start up, but connect-sync never completes a sync cycle (nothing logged at error, or debug level).

I've resigned myself to running Connect on an x86 VM in the homelab, but I prefer to keep those cores powered down when I'm not using them.

• I am happy to announce that have just released Connect 1.5.0, which has images for amd64, arm64 (also known as aarch64) and arm/v7 (also known as armhf).

This discussion has been closed.