Manually disable the vulnerability alert for two factor authentication?

Options
SunDevil2213
SunDevil2213
Community Member

Hey there! Is there any way to disable the vulnerability alert for two factor authentication? If not, can you create a way, like a check box or something, to mark an account as already set up for 2FA? Just because I haven't set up my 2FA in 1Password, doesn't mean it isn't set up - I use Authy. So I'm getting this alert for accounts where I do have 2FA set up.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15
Referrer: forum-search:vulnerability alert: two factor

Comments

• Hello! 👋 Thanks for taking the time to contact us. 🤗

You can add a 2fa tag to your item and that will keep the banner from appearing. I like your idea of adding that into the UI and I swore we had that somewhere. I apologize as my phone is in the other room so I can't test this just yet (I swear I'm not being lazy; I hurt my leg earlier this week and am pampering it). Hopefully someone else can jump in with a screenshot if my memory is indeed correct. In any event the tag should get you rolling until we are able to make this more discoverable.

Take care and stay safe,

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @dteare !

You can add a 2fa tag to your item and that will keep the banner from appearing.

Not the best idea at all. I'm already using a tag 2FA to have all entries in one list, which I have enabled 2FA for. ;)
    Maybe you could find a better way?

• SunDevil2213
    SunDevil2213
    Community Member
    Options

If the tag works, I'm fine with it. I would, at some point like to just use 1Password for my 2FA, but the prospect of going and re-doing all of them seems too daunting lol. Also, I'm not even sure how 2FA works within 1P...maybe I should go poke around the site and see what has been written about it. I'll try the tag and see if it works.

This discussion has been closed.