Since version 7.8 update, 1Password crashes when trying to bring it up.

jrmocfl
jrmocfl
Community Member

I have an iPhone 6 running version 12.5.4 operating system. Since the 1Password update 2 days ago (version 7.8), when I launch the app, the splash screen appears for 2 seconds then returns to home screen. See attachment 1.jpg (v5zebcfy4fwm.jpg). When I double click the home button, I can see the splash screen as a "running app", but the app never comes up. See attachment 2.jpg (5e70fb2h42ka.jpg). I have shutdown the phone and rebooted. Still will not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice, and it still does not work. All my other apps still work fine. Thank you. James

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app crash

Comments

• lostboy999
    lostboy999
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

I have exactly the same problem, albeit my iPhone is an earlier model (5s).

iOS 12.5.4

I checked for a crash report but there isn't one. I'm guessing because the app hasn't crashed; it's UI is just messed up.

• jrmocfl
    jrmocfl
    Community Member

I have searched the internet and haven't found anyone talking about it. I guess most people have a shiny new phone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone, and sorry about this! Our developers are aware of the crash on older versions of iOS, and they should have a fix for this soon :+1:

• Aldis
    Aldis
    Community Member

Same problem with iPhone 6Plus, iOS 12.5.4!!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Aldis:

Indeed, the reports we received all mention iOS 12 and 13, so this would be the same. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the trouble!

• Aldis
    Aldis
    Community Member

I've been using 1Password for iOS since 2010 or so. This was first time I got such issue, which just made me panic as there are all my credentials I created during these years. Now it works again. Thanks 1Password for a quick response.

• You're very welcome @Aldis, and my apologies for the panic caused. Indeed, v7.8.1 was released to resolve this difficulty.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.