iOS 15 extension incorrect password

Options
jrothlis
jrothlis
Community Member

I just updated to the iOS 15 version of 1Password and the new extension always says incorrect password no matter how careful I am typing in my password.

Comments

• Doofus
    Doofus
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Do we need to update 1Password to run it on IOS 15?

• Doofus
    Doofus
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting the iPhone seems to have resolved the problem.

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

A restart didn't resolve the issue for me. My password works when entered into the 1Password app but not when I enter it into the Safari extension.

Even copying and pasting the password doesn't work in the Safari extension.

• Hi folks,

For those still experiencing this issue: Can you please check if you have a vault called "Primary"? The way unlocking 1Password for iOS works is:

• If a Primary vault exists 1Password will always unlock using the Master Password for that vault. This supersedes all of the following rules.
    • If a single 1Password.com account is logged in then 1Password will unlock using the Master Password for that account.
    • If multiple 1Password.com accounts are logged in then 1Password will unlock using the Master Password of the first account that was added.

However, the 1Password for Safari extension does not support standalone / Primary vaults, and as such only your 1Password.com account password will unlock the extension. If you find yourself in this situation our recommendation would be to migrate the data in your Primary vault to a 1Password.com based vault, and then remove the Primary vault, once you've verified you know your account password (e.g. by logging in at https://my.1password.com ).

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Ben

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

I have no vault called "Primary" and am logged in to a single 1Password.com account on my iPhone.

When logging in to the extension on my iPad, the password is accepted. Just not when doing the same thing on the iPhone.

• FrankOWe
    FrankOWe
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. I don’t have a “primary” vault. I might have had one years ago before migrating to 1Password.com. Anyway, I can unlock the app but not the safari extension. Even if I copy the password from 1Password.
    My password contains German mutated vowels though, could that be an issue?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gdhnz, @FrankOWe:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• FrankOWe
    FrankOWe
    Community Member
    Options

[#EBQ-43298-186]
    Clarification: The issue exists only on my iPad, not on my iPhone, where the extension is working just fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FrankOWe:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EBQ-43298-186

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

I might've sent 2 but the automated reply I got had [#ZPS-74415-173] as the ticket number.

• user12345
    user12345
    Community Member
    Options

I had this issue after restoring from a backup. I only had one 1Password.com account added and both the 1Password app and the new Safari extension refused to accept it. It was stuck with my previous password which worked to unlock the app and extension, but when trying to change it in the app it said it was the wrong password.

The solution for me was to go to Settings -> Advanced -> Erase All 1Password Data and log in again. Could be worth a try if you have your account details available to set it up again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gdhnz:

Thank you! I have found your report too, we will get back to you via email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: ZPS-74415-173

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user12345:

Do you remember if, after restoring from your backup, you had a standalone vault in iCloud or Dropbox, in addition to your only 1Password account? That might have explained the reason why the 1Password app was refusing the password you entered.

• user12345
    user12345
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I did not have a standalone vault. I removed that prior to making the backup and it wasn't there after restoring. That's why I was so surprised about this issue. I have however changed my 1Password account password since making the backup.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user12345:

I have however changed my 1Password account password since making the backup.

This might have had something to do with it. Anyway, understood, thank you for the update, and I am glad that everything is now working as expected for you again :+1:

• AlecLU
    AlecLU
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I have just upgraded to iOS 15 and the latest 1Password and I am getting similar behaviour. In the 1Password app I can log in without issue, but in the Safari extension I get "Incorrect Password". I think this is related to my business using Duo for MFA. If I put my Duo account into bypass mode I can log in to the Safari Extension without issue using my Master Password. But if MFA is required I get "Incorrect Password" despite knowing it's correct (I'm cutting and pasting it in as suggested in your help guide, and it works in the 1Password app). I have spoken to our internal 1Password support folk and they asked me to put a post on this thread. Kind regards, Alec

• FrankOWe
    FrankOWe
    Community Member
    Options

Deleting the 1Password App, restarting the iPad (did not do the trick without the restart) and reinstalling the app solved the problem for me. Thank you @1Password support!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @FrankOWe! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected once again :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlecLU:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• AlecLU
    AlecLU
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent - ref is GEX-53179-978. Looking in the diagnostics generated I see this:

Tue Sep 21 08:04:01 2021| 70800008 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x15bd5ee00):SafariWebExtensionHandler.swift] E process(invocation:) | b5x [error]: Unable to add new account ClientError: Unable to sign in with available MFA options.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @AlecLU, I have found the report! We will get back to you via email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: GEX-53179-978

• Fr_Al
    Fr_Al
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am in the same situation as reported by FrankOWe. 1Password is still accessible on my BigSur-macs (running macOS 11.6) and on my iPhone (running iOS 15) but not on my iPadPro after upgrading to iPadOS 15.
    When I upgraded from 1Password 6 to version 7 years ago I transferred the contents of my local tresor to the online personal 1Password tresor and deleted the previous local account version from my system. (BTW, I use the eBlocker device and the Boxcryptor app for additional online security ).
    With interest I read the last message from FrankOWe (of 8:24 am) and would be interested in the trick mentioned therein. Could you please help me?
    Thanks in advance and kind regards Fr_Al

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

Disabling 2FA allowed me to setup the extension in Safari on iPhone. It still works after setting up 2FA again.

• MasonH
    MasonH
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue as AlecLU. My business uses Duo to authenticate our 1Password (set to expire ever 30 days) and despite copying and pasting the correct password into the 1Password extention, I am met with "Incorrect Password" until I set Duo to bypass MFA. After that it accepts the password but only stays signed in until Safari is restarted and then I have to start the process over.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Fr_Al:

With interest I read the last message from FrankOWe (of 8:24 am) and would be interested in the trick mentioned therein. Could you please help me?

We will certainly be happy to help. Do you have any questions about the process mentioned by FrankOWe?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MasonH:

Thank you for letting us know. We have filed a bug with our developers, so they are now aware of this :+1:

• Fr_Al
    Fr_Al
    Community Member
    Options

FrankOWe wrote in his message: "Deleting the 1Password App, restarting the iPad (did not do the trick without the restart) and reinstalling the app solved the problem for me. Thank you @1Password support!"
    I wondered whether you had given him more information (which cannot be seen at this place) for solving his former (and my still present) problem.
    Would your advice for me simply be to delete all files and data concerning 1Password from my iPad and to install your app again from scratch?
    Thank you

• nuttello
    nuttello
    Community Member
    Options

I have had this issue as well.
    The suggestion of turning off 2FA will work to allow me to unlock the safari extension, but is not ideal

This discussion has been closed.