Filling in NemID using 1Password X

Options
2»

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sending that over @MerryBit !

Looking at that login page I see two possible issues with it in the future:

• It is a small popup window with no toolbar at its top, so if 1Password is locked, you might need to switch to the main browser window, unlock it there, then go back to the popup in some situations (e.g. when the extension is not integrated to the desktop app).
    • The HTML code of the form is a bit similar to the NemID structure - there are a ton of hidden fields with similar name (e.g. "username1", "username2", "username3" even though there's only one visible username field in the form), but I think we're past that point and 1Password will handle that ok.

I do hope there will be an improvement though, it seems better overall.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

The popup window is just the way MitID.dk has decided to implement their login window. I know of several other sites where there's no popup window but MitID is implemented in the main window.

You're right about the hidden fields though that's kind of odd given the security advice MitID themselves give out:

https://www.mitid.dk/en-gb/security/security-advice/advice-about-your-password/?language=en-gb

At the bottom of the page they recommend using a password manager. Strictly speaking not one with autofill, but hopefully they're past the point where they prevent you from pasting your password !

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info!

Indeed, they do sound more promising and I hope all of our Danish folks woes will be over soon! :)

This discussion has been closed.