Auto-fill from all categories

Options
asbjornu
asbjornu
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password would benefit from making the categories more fluid and interchangeable. It should, for instance, be possible to auto-fill credentials regardless of which category an item exists in. Changing category should also be possible and should only affect where to find it, not its integral functionality.

As with the following feature request, the Server category is especially suited for this as it is naturally fit for having sections for credentials to log in to the server. The same goes for Wireless Routers, where you would have a section with credentials to log into the admin interface.

The alternatives are:

1. To not store the credentials in the Server or Wireless Router item, but only in a Login item. This causes fragmentation of data pertaining to a singular item, which makes maintenance and keeping overview harder.
  2. To store the credentials in both the Server or Wireless Router item as well as in a Login, causing the annoying "Reused password" warning to pop up:

Reused password

Please fix this.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asbjornu!

1Password would benefit from making the categories more fluid and interchangeable. It should, for instance, be possible to auto-fill credentials regardless of which category an item exists in. Changing category should also be possible and should only affect where to find it, not its integral functionality.

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, and it is an open feature request, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have let our developers know that you would also find this useful :+1:

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#33

This discussion has been closed.