Feature Request: Keep '2FA-flagged' sites in Watchtower for a few minutes after adding the 1TP

KnnNike
KnnNike
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Lounge

A quick search didn't find this exact thing, but a very annoying thing happens when I try to fix logins that are flagged in Watchtower as "2FA Available". The way I normally fix these is:

1. Open the entry in 1password and click 'Edit'
  2. Navigate to the website in question, login, and go to the 'Enable 2FA' area in settings, security, profile, wherever
  3. Copy the QR code from the website into the 'One-time password' field in 1password.
  4. Click 'Save' in 1password
  5. Enter the One-time password from 1password into the website to complete 2FA setup

Except...in between steps 4 and 5 something super annoying happens. After clicking 'Save', the entry is no longer '2FA-deficient', so it disappears from Watchtower. So now I have to back out of Watchtower and hunt the item down in the main interface to get that one-time password for step #5.

It's a minor but hugely disruptive annoyance...is there a fix? Maybe keeping the entry in Watchtower for a period of time (say, 5 minutes) or until the next time I close 1password? This would let me complete step 5 in a few additional seconds instead of the 15+ seconds it takes me now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @KnnNike:

I appreciate your feedback. We currently have an open suggestion to change this behavior, so I'll add your +1 to it.

Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#6872

• jakez
    jakez
    Community Member

Hey folks, I would love to +1 @KnnNike 's suggestion as well. If I was designing this, I would add the following step after hitting "Save" (step 4 above) but before verifying the 2FA and completing setup. The user would need to click "Verified" (or, in German, I think "Wurde Verifiziert" would be the right string). After clicking the button, then the item would be cleared from the list.

• Hey @jakez:

Thanks for your feedback on this! We're always looking to make 1Password better, so we'll take your thoughts into consideration as we continue to iterate on 1Password 8!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.