To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Monterey, iOS 15 & Standalone

PJ1
PJ1
Community Member

Hi Guys,

Been reading some of the posts regarding standalone licences no longer being available, and wondered if I could get an answer to what is hopefully a straightforward question or two.

I have a standalone licence, am a single user and sync via Dropbox to a Mac and two iPhones. The question is, if I upgrade iOS to 15 and, when available, my Mac to Monterey, will my set up still work?

I need to know if you will still be supporting this kind of set-up, or is my only option to have a subscription or move on.

Thanks for your help with this.

Best
Paul

1Password Version: 7.8.8 desktop, 7.8.1 iOS
Extension Version: Firefox 4.7.5.90, Safari 7.8.7
OS Version: Mac 11.6, iOS 14.8

Comments

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

It will work in the short term but AB has made it clear that standalone is dead and membership is the future. They said as much in another thread:

Standalone licenses are no longer for sale. Membership is the future.

If that is not a direction you are prepared to head you should find a different product.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PJ1 - thanks for asking for clarification. Soshiito is correct in the overall direction 1Password is headed, but I did want to clarify that we intend for 1Password 7 for Mac to work on Monterey. Exactly how long it will work, I can't say. But you should be able to upgrade to macOS Monterey without worrying that 1Password 7 will be inaccessible.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. Is that the same for the app on iOS 15?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PJ1 - should be, yes.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

That's all I needed to know.

Will keep an eye out for the future and consider an account as I go along.

Thanks again to you both for replying.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PJ1 - you're quite welcome. :) Feel free to ask any questions regarding membership, migrating to an account or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.