1Password 8 - Lost Safari Extension

It was in my browser and working fine.
Left the desktop Safari was on, and returned and the extension was no longer available.
It doesn't show up on the tool bar nor under Preferences->Extensions (my other extension are still there)
Going to the main app, Preferences->Browser->Get 1 Password for Your Browser takes me to the https://support.1password.com/cs/getting-started-browser/ page.
Selecting Safari here takes me to the Mac App Store where I can click on Open (as the 1Password for Safari.app is already installed).
Opening the app it tells me to go to Preferences in Safari and to enable the extension - which isn't there.

I've tried deleting 1Password for Safari and re-installing but there is no difference.

Would appreciate some guidance on how to get the extension back into Safari.

If there are logs or anything you need from me please let me know.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2-19.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0 Beta (21A5506j)

Comments

• @longmanc

Can you try the steps suggested by Kaitlyn in this post and let us know if it resolves the issue for you?

ref: ref: dev/core/core#8822

• longmanc
    longmanc
    Community Member

Ran the command as a regular user with admin privileges and also with sudo - no change
    Rebooted - no change
    Ran the command again as a regular user with admin privileges and also with sudo - no change
    Ran the "1 Password for Safari.app" and the extension reappeared but when trying to enable it, received a pop up:

Safari detected an app or service that interfered with clicking. To protect your privacy and security, this extension was not turned on. After quitting the app or service, you can try to turn this extension on again.

Rebooted (not safe mode) - was able to enable the extension and things seem to be working now.

Thanks!

• @longmanc

Thanks for following up with the detailed synopsis of your findings. I'm glad to hear things are working as expected for you now! :)

• longmanc
    longmanc
    Community Member

Unfortunately the general problem has returned and the above steps haven't worked.
    1Password shows up as an extension in preferences however the following error is also showing

Thanks!

• @longmanc

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing troubles you're having with 1Password for Safari. I'd like to ask you to grab a console log from your browser:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Choose "Safari > "Preferences" > "Advanced" in the menu bar.
    3. Click "Show Develop menu in menu bar"
    4. Choose "Develop > Web Extension Background Pages > 1Password for Safari"
    5. Press Command + A to select everything, and then right click, "Save as" to generate a file.

Send the console log to us at support+x@1password.com with a link to our current discussion. One of our team members will have a look and let you know what we find.

• longmanc
    longmanc
    Community Member

Hi @ag_chantelle - thanks for the instructions - unfortunately, there isn't anything under Develop->Web Extension Background Pages->1 Password for Safari.

1Password shows in Preferences->Extensions:

But there isn't anything under the menu option you refer to:

• longmanc
    longmanc
    Community Member

Hi @ag_chantelle I did another uninstall/reinstall and things seem to be working again for now.

• @longmanc

Thanks for following up. Glad to hear re-installing did the trick for you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.