BUG: Edit button for selected item doesn't work if category is changed

Steps to reproduce:

1. Click All Items in the left-pane
  2. Click an item in the second column to show its details in the main panel
  3. Click the Edit button for the item to confirm it works
  4. In the second column change to any category that the item you chose in Step 2 doesn't belong to
  5. The item you chose in Step 2 is still shown in the main panel but the Edit button no longer works

1Password Version: 8.2.2 (80202060)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hey @snozdop. Are you consistently seeing this? I tried to replicate with the steps you provided (thank you for articulating those so clearly!), but in step 5, the item disappears from the item details view (right-hand side) for me, since I've switched to a category that the item isn't in.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

Yes, it is consistent, but upon further testing it seems to change depending on which category is selected in Step 4.

For example, from All Items > All Categories I chose a Login item. Details appear in the main pane as expected. I change the Category to Logins and item details remain. I change the Category to Secure Notes and the item details remain. I change the Category to Credit Cards and the item details disappear.

Then I go back to All Items > All Categories and choose a Login item again. Change the Category to Identities and the item details remain (albeit with a brief flash of redraw). Change the Category to Passwords and the item details remain. Change the Category to Bank Accounts and the item details disappear.

There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to it. Depending on which category the selected item is in, changing to a different category sometimes triggers the clearing of the main pane but not always, and not always changing to the same category.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Any update on this? It's still occurring in the latest nightly build.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Is there anyone else who can take over on this? It seems @ag_michaelc hasn't posted on these forums since 23 September.

• ag_michaelc
    edited October 2021

For example, from All Items > All Categories I chose a Login item. Details appear in the main pane as expected. I change the Category to Logins and item details remain. I change the Category to Secure Notes and the item details remain. I change the Category to Credit Cards and the item details disappear.

I was definitely able to reproduce following these steps. I'll get a bug report filed for this. Thanks for narrowing this down further for us. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#10485

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Michael, you are welcome @snozdop! If you have any other reports, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.