Browser Connection broke with the

felixoi
felixoi
Community Member

Hey there,

after month of using this perfect example of a native linux app I'm reaching out to you again because the 8.2.2-57 update broke my browser connection completely.
The extension log shows that the receiving end does not exist even tho it's enabled in the settings (also tired to disable and re-enabling it):

14:52:03.779 background.js:2 Attempting to reconnect to the desktop app...
14:52:03.793 background.js:2 Loaded page details in 1.5 ms.
14:52:03.793 background.js:2 Analyzed the page in 7.5 ms.
14:52:03.833 background.js:2 💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password
14:52:03.833 background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmRequestAccounts> message to native core <1018717477>
14:52:03.910 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
14:52:03.910 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
14:52:03.850 background.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
14:52:03.851 background.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
14:52:03.907 background.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
14:52:03.907 background.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
14:52:03.856 background.js:2 Desktop app port disconnected. Error: Native host has exited.
14:52:03.857 background.js:2 💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password
14:52:03.857 background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmRequestAccounts> message to native core <3689912948>
14:52:03.875 background.js:2 Desktop app port disconnected. Error: Native host has exited.

Aditionally, I've sent the 1pdiagnostics file to support+linux@1password.com.

Thanks for your help,
Felix

1Password Version: 8.2.2-57 (80202057)
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Manjaro 21.1.3

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@felixoi:

Aditionally, I've sent the 1pdiagnostics file to support+linux@1password.com.

Thank you! Have you received a ticket number already?

• felixoi
    felixoi
    Community Member

@ag_ana ZYB-61456-385, also got a reply already that the team is working on it :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Ok great, thank you @felixoi :)

ref: ZYB-61456-385

• kebesing
    kebesing
    Community Member

Has there been any update to this issue? I'm seeing the same problem.

• felixoi
    felixoi
    Community Member

@kebesing I provided more info for the team yesterday and they said they are working on this with priority.

• felixoi
    felixoi
    Community Member

Quick fix is the following:

sudo chgrp onepassword /opt/1Password/1Password-BrowserSupport
    sudo chmod g+s /opt/1Password/1Password-BrowserSupport
    sudo chmod ug+s /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper

Also provided this to the support via email.

• gwallet
    gwallet
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Hi
    The quick fix works for me 👍
    Thanks!
    (Fedora 33/GNOME 3.38/1Password 8.2.2 installed via dnf as rpm/Browser Extension 2.1.0)

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021

Thanks for letting us know, @gwallet! I have responded to your post in the Linux forum as well. 👍

And yes, we are certainly working on this and making it a priority - if anyone continues to experience this issue, send us an email at support+linux@1Password.com and we'll dig in!

• Frits
    Frits
    Community Member

"we are certainly working on this and making it a priority" :-). I can confirm this to be true. Got an email yesterday (Saturday afternoon) giving me access to a nightly from the beta which should solve the issue, and it does. excellent service.

• @Frits :+1: Appreciate your patience and help whilst we worked on this with you directly.

@kebesing Sorry to hear that you've also experienced similar issues - have you been able to resolve this yet? You're welcome to write in at support+linux@1password.com and we'll work with you 1:1 to get things working normally again! If you write in, please reply here with your ticket number and we'll be able to circle back to this thread. :)

• kebesing
    kebesing
    Community Member

@1P_Claudio The 72 beta didn't fix the issue, but the 80 beta today resolved the issue. Thanks for following up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @kebesing, and on behalf of Claudio, you are welcome :)

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    sudo chgrp onepassword /opt/1Password/1Password-BrowserSupport
    sudo chmod g+s /opt/1Password/1Password-BrowserSupport
    sudo chmod ug+s /opt/1Password/1Password-KeyringHelper

This worked for me. ArchLinux, Gnome 40 via X11, Firefox 93, BrowserExt 2.1.3, App 8.3.0

• Thank you for @Pyotr_Giraffe. It's good to hear that this resolved the issue for you, and we appreciate the troubleshooting datapoint as well!

• invalidusrname
    invalidusrname
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Message deleted as requested by the user.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Done :+1:

This discussion has been closed.