Modifying Items in Watchtower Causes The View to Switch Back to All Items

Options
jnd
jnd
Community Member

Hi,

Pretty much as the snappy title really; if you modify an item in the watchtower view e.g. editing a note field, changing a password or archiving an item, when you make the change it kicks you back to the All Items tab rather than staying in the watchtower view.

This is not the expected behaviour, particularly as when you're in one of the watchtower catagories, you're probably going to be updating a couple of passwords (unless you're more on top of things than I am).

To reproduce:

1. Go to the watch tower tab.
  2. Click on one of the categories (e.g. Compromised Web Sites).
  3. Select and item and rmb select "Archive".
  4. The item should be archived but the view will be switched to the all item view.

Cheers,

Julian.

1Password Version: 8.2.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: MacOS

Comments

• Hi @Jnd! Thank you very much for your feedback and detailed explanation. This is something that has been brought up a few times recently, and our developers have an open issue to address this in the future. I will add what you've said here to our existing internal discussion :)

ref: dev/core/core#8775

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding on that this can also be reproduced by editing instead of archiving. Even if you don't change anything, pressing "save" will still cause it.

(Also using 8.2.2 on macOS)

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up, @asportnoy. We're on it! 😀

ref: dev/core/core#6872

• nat1nat1
    nat1nat1
    Community Member
    Options

just registered to make the same feedback and found this :)

• Hi @nat1nat1, thanks for your input on this, I've added you to our internal discussion on this as well. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.