Reveal/Conceal passwords with keyboard shortcut

Options

In 1Password 7 it was possible to reveal/conceal passwords quickly with just a simple keyboard shortcut (think it was cmd or option on macOS). Version 8 apparently removed this feature that was helpful when you just needed to have a quick peek at a password. The right click action to reveal and then again to conceal the password takes a long time compared to this simple key press. I wish we could get that back in 1Password 8.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-42.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12 (21A5506j)

Comments

• Hi @holgr, thanks for this request. I too am a fan of keyboard shortcuts (and this one in particular)! Your request for a reveal / conceal shortcut is duly passed on to our developers. Thanks for letting us know this is a priority for you - we appreciate the input! 😀

ref: dev/core/core#7709

• jerkob
    jerkob
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to have this feature return. Even after a few weeks of using 1Password 8 I'm still reflexively hitting Option to show the password and sad every time it doesn't work.

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Torqueville
    Torqueville
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Thanks for these requests, folks - we're keeping track of them! 😃

• Benno42
    Benno42
    Community Member
    Options

Just with the reveal/conceal password. This feature used to be a toggle option in Under the view menu. I found this very use instead of the option being buried in the Preferences.

When I'm home on my laptop, I'm happy not to conceal my passwords. But when I'm out, then I will conceal them.

• Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that with the most recent beta release of 1Password 8, we added the following change:

We’ve added a new keyboard shortcut (Command-R) to reveal or conceal secure fields in item details.

There's a good explanation of why we changed the exact shortcut here. Hopefully this helps!

@Benno42 Thanks for your extra feedback on the menu option. I see that the menu option we've recently added with the above change won't quite have the same effect as it acts as the temporary toggle, not permanent like in 1Password 7. I'll pass this feedback onto the development team!

This discussion has been closed.