Linux 1P 'edit then cancel' updates "last modified" incorrectly

sec_dev_life
sec_dev_life
Community Member

In the 1Password application, if you click to 'edit' an entry, then click cancel, the "last modified" date incorrectly updates to the time you clicked cancel.
This seems like unexpected and incorrect behavior.
On the latest Production channel for Linux.

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04.5

Comments

• Howdy @sec_dev_life 👋

I attempted to reproduce this on my Debian machine, also running 1Password for Linux 8.2.0 and wasn't able to see similar results.

Any chance you could try doing this on your end of things, recording it, and posting it here below so we can continue to investigate?

YXnKvKLQ.gif

• sec_dev_life
    sec_dev_life
    Community Member

Upon further investigation, I can reproduce consistently now - but ONLY with the specific entry it happened on originally (so far). Unfortunately, that particular entry is rather sensitive (it's ADP), so I have to work that out (censoring the recording or coming up with another entry to re-pro).

• Understood, thank you @sec_dev_life. We'll be here and ready to jump in if you're able to reproduce or share in a way that doesn't disclose that sensitive info.

And if you'd like us to continue the process in a private channel, feel free to contact us at support+linux@1Password.com 👍

This discussion has been closed.