After Chrome upgrade, 1Password shows two windows

Options
rlf
rlf
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently I upgraded my Mac Chrome to v. 93.x and now whenever I type the keyboard shortcut to have open 1Password and log me into a site, I not only see the usual 1P "lock" window open ("Enter Your Master Password"), but the 1P icon in the menu bar also displays a second 1P "lock" window just below that icon that shows a blue "Open 1Password" button. This only started happening a few days ago after I upgraded Chrome and I haven't changed any of my 1P settings. Are you folks aware of this and are you working on a fix? I'd love to show you a screenshot so you can see what I mean but there's no file upload feature here.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.4

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlf!

but the 1P icon in the menu bar also displays a second 1P "lock" window just below that icon that shows a blue "Open 1Password" button.

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

Extension Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in Chrome?

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

The extension is version 2.1.0. I've added a screenshot.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

That is normal, you probably have the integration enabled with the desktop app. So when you try to unlock using the browser it will open the desktop app for the master password.

• Thanks for sharing those screen shots @rlf

@loggor is right, since you have integration enabled 1Password will toggle the login window from the app to unlock. Once you've entered your Account Password it will resume focus in your browser. Can you confirm that is the behaviour you see?

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

That's the behavior I see but this was not occurring until I upgraded Chrome recently. This is something new.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This feature was released about 6 months ago or so, but it might be that it just kicked in on your setup if you don't update often.

In any case, if you'd like the old behavior back, you can right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings", then turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.

However, integrating the extension with the desktop app has some great benefits, such as being able to unlock 1Password with biometrics or Windows Hello, as well as keeping the extension unlocked even if you close the browser.

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_yaron. I'll give it a try as I don't use Biometrics and I'm on a Mac.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good :)

This discussion has been closed.