Creating Smart Folder Crashes macOS Desktop App

creativejamie
creativejamie
Community Member

Desktop app crashes every time as I am creating a smart folder. Crash happens every time I click the Save button or when I am adding a third search parameter rule for the smart folder. App crashes each time I click the Save button no matter if 1 or more search rule(s) are created. Searched 1Password Knowlege base. Saw reference about this problem in 2015 but case ended without further comment or solution. Checked to see if running latest version of 1Password (it was). Also made sure my macOS is updated (it was). Restarted and shutdown computer several times hoping that would help. Nothing helps. Need assistance.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: Not Applicable - Not Installed
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @creativejamie! Welcome to the forum!

I managed to reproduce this issue in 1Password for Mac. I will open an internal issue for our developers so they can look at this :+1: Thank you for the report!

ref: dev/apple/issues#4886

• creativejamie
    creativejamie
    Community Member

Oh, that's good you were able to reproduce. That doesn't happen often. So, is there anything I can do to stop the crashing?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@creativejamie:

Unfortunately at the moment I have not found a way to stop it. I think this is something that will need developer intervention.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

Has there been any movement on this issue? I'm on the latest 1PW version for Mac 7.8.6 and I am seeing the crash behavior. ETA on a fix?

• @Superfandominatrix

Sorry, no, there has not been any movement. I'm sorry, I don't have a time line.

• creativejamie
    creativejamie
    Community Member

Issue was reported early 2020. Why haven't they fixed this problem? It's not a minor issue. It is a core feature that is broken and unavailable to users. Guess 1Password just doesn't care because if they did they would have been working on it or had a fix over a year later.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I would x2 @creativejamie importance rating on smart folders functionality.

I use smart folders extensively for keeping track of updates after I move, mapping out linkages between online services and credit cards, problem resolution, mapping online services to specific cell phone numbers, plus additional data QA checks. The smart folder functionality is a value add in my personal life -- I avoid a ton of problems because of this feature.

I hope smart folders make a return to standard feature functionality soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you both for the feedback and the additional details! Unfortunately we don't have an ETA at the moment, but I can tell you that the issue is still open internally, so it has not been forgotten :+1:

• joaolyraaraujo
    joaolyraaraujo
    Community Member

I hope 1P is listing all the recent complaints from the long-time Mac users.
    No ETA sounds like, maybe next 2 years. Maybe never.
    I have been a loyal customer since 2009. But sometimes, I fear 1Password is becoming Dropbox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@joaolyraaraujo:

I hope 1P is listing all the recent complaints from the long-time Mac users.

Indeed we are :+1: I will add you to the list as well.

• creativejamie
    creativejamie
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Problem still exists. It has been definitely over a year. Please do not ignore and fix. This is a basic functionality problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @creativejamie, I will let the developers know :+1:

This discussion has been closed.