Is there no beta release for 7.7.8?

DenalB
DenalB
Community Member
edited October 2021 in iOS

Actually, I'm using Testflight build 7.7.7 (70707002) and was wondering that there is a newer version 7.7.8 available in the App Store.
Did you forget to release this newer version in Testflight?

1Password Version: 7.7.7 (70707002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.7.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB:

Not every update has a beta version. It looks like 7.7.8 is indeed one of those :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @ag_ana !

I definitely understand that. But in this case, beta users don't get improvements / bug fixes, which App Store users get.
    Or do I miss something?

• @DenalB,

There will be another release this week, last week's release had time pressure that prevented submitting for beta review.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy for mentioning this! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you are welcome :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@rudy ,

Since today there is a new stable version 7.8 available in App Store. But there is still no new beta available? In the release notes, there are a lot of great and new features... Should we move back to the stable release instead?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Just installed TestFlight build 7.8 (70800008). It seems that it was available right after I wrote the prior answer.

Thanks for the new beta release! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of the team, you are welcome :)

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

In fear of losing my iOS beta spot, I don't change to the stable version, but I've noticed recently (and only recently) that the App Store version is usually ahead of the TF version (sometimes a day or two or sometimes more)

My question is, how is it decided who to drop from the TestFlight? I don't want to be dropped because I installed the stable version for a few days before a new beta was released.

• rudy
    edited September 2021

@jcsully217,

You would have to be 2 or 3 years since your last TestFlight install for me to purge you from the rolls. I believe at this point that i've purged every user who hasn't installed since 7.0, the next round will probably be 7.1-7.3 as the last recorded installed Testflight version. Purging 7.1-7.3 would mean the last version was installed between July 20, 2018 and March 2019

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

@rudy Thank you for this info!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I'm just wondering that again there is no beta build for 7.8.1 and today's store release 7.8.2. TestFlight is only showing 7.8.BETA-8 (70800008) which I already installed.

Am I in the wrong beta channel in TestFlight? :(

• @DenalB,

You aren't, apparently app review is faster at reviewing than beta review. I did submit it for beta review, but it still hasn't been approved.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Today there is a new beta release available to install - build 7.8.2 (70802000). Just installed it. :)

Thanks again, @rudy ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@rudy
    Same problem with 7.8.3. There isn't such an update in TestFlight. I just switched to the Store release to be able to open attachments, which is not possible before 7.8.3. :(

• @DenalB,

Looks like someone forgot to click the "notify testers automatically" button for 7.8.4, but also failed to add the external testers for 7.8.3 when it was released on monday.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Now I got the notification for the beta version 7.8.4. So I switched back to the beta build again. ;)

Thanks, @rudy ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

And again same issue with the new version 7.9. Latest TestFlight version is 7.8.4.
    Switched to latest App Store version right now. :(

• @DenalB

There was a moratorium on releasing 7.9 in beta ahead of its release, it should show up now though.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes. It‘s available now. Thanks again @rudy. :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

This discussion has been closed.