Locked screen shows 'that didn't work' message on startup

Options

It seems like even if it's just starting up or being summoned with cmd-. from a browser, the locked screen of 8 (including the latest beta) shows 'That didn't work. Check your password and try again.' message, as if you had just typed in your password. To me it makes more sense to have a better message for startup, and this only belongs when you've actually entered the wrong password (or something actually went wrong...

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 11.6

Comments

• Hi @arcterex, thanks for reporting this! We already have an open issue regarding this behaviour you're seeing with the lock screen, so I will add what you've said here for our developers to read :)

ref: dev/core/core#9874

• arcterex
    arcterex
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem Any idea if this is fixed? I'm using the latest beta and the behaviour is still exactly as it was before.

• Hi @arcterex - I'm sorry to learn this issue persists for you. Our development team is looking into it but I don't have anything to share at the moment. Would you be able to share with us your current OS version and the type of device where the issue occurs? These kind of specifics can help us target our research and fixes. Thank you again for raising this issue!

• arcterex
    arcterex
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P Sure. I only have one macOS system that it shows up on, no problems on ios or ipados. macOS version is 12.3 on an intel imac 27". I have an M1 MGP 13" running 12.3 as well without this.

Note that the app itself works perfectly fine, just the error message when I first start it (before even typing anything in). If there are logs somewhere I can send them to you as well.

• Thanks @arcterex, we appreciate this. Do feel free to send those logs to support+mac@1Password.com. Are you perchance using Clamshell Mode when this happens?

• arcterex
    arcterex
    Community Member
    Options

Where do I get the logs from? And no, it’s and iMac so no clamshell mode. L

• @arcterex if it's possible with the current state of your app, sending us diagnostics from the 1Password app would be the easiest and most comprehensive way to get us the relevant data. In 1Password 8 for Mac, you can generate the file like this:

1. Bring up the 1Password 8 for Mac app on your screen
    2. Sign in as you normally would, ignoring or dismissing any error messages that come up at the moment
    3. Once unlocked, choose All Accounts > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics.
    4. This should deposit a diagnostics file in your Downloads folder. Click Reveal to go there.

Once that file has been created, attach it to your email to us, and we'll comb through the data and let you know what turns up. Thank you for the additional details on clamshell mode (or the lack thereof) as well! We'll keep an eye out for your message.

• arcterex
    arcterex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peter - I just emailed this off to that email. Hopefully you'll see something in there.

• @arcterex

You have mail! Thanks for sending in that report. We are investigating.

ref: ULN-79133-118

• arcterex
    arcterex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi 1Password team. Just installed the 1p 8 final release and this issue is still happening. Any idea what’s going on yet? Or would a new set of diagnostics help?

Functionality still seems just fine, just the error message. I assume that it really means that something deep inside is going on, or some bit of corrupted data in my account (or something) is causing it.

• Hi @arcterex - thank you for letting us know that this issue persists for you. I'm sorry to learn that this is the case! I'm going to check in with our developers about this, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again for informing us of the problem; we want to make sure everything works properly for you!

This discussion has been closed.