Fastmail and 1Password for Families.

prime
prime
Community Member

Will there be a deal for the new Fastmail deal for 1Password for Families?
Also, another idea. Make it so I pay just 1 subscription for both?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

I signed up for Fastmail via 1Password, and it gave me a 25% off special that appears to work on any plan, including the 3 year one. If/when they add custom usernames for custom masking domains, I'm going to buy 3 years with the 25% off deal. It would be nice if there was single billing for 1PW + Fastmail.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

But I am guessing each family member needs their own Fastmail plan too. I also just read Fastmail is based off of Australia, and they are not known for privacy.

• Hi folks,

It would be nice if there was single billing for 1PW + Fastmail.

I put in a feature request with the team to consider this. :)

But I am guessing each family member needs their own Fastmail plan too.

I'm double checking on that. It is possible to have multiple users within a Fastmail account, but I'm not sure if each can have Masked Email set up or if for that each would need their own separate account. Will get back to you when I hear further. :)

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#937

• I heard back from our development team and it is possible to link multiple 1Password users to a Fastmail account. :+1:

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I heard back from our development team and it is possible to link multiple 1Password users to a Fastmail account. :+1:

But wouldn’t all the family members see everyone else’s emails?

• landypro
    landypro
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

I heard back from our development team and it is possible to link multiple 1Password users to a Fastmail account. :+1:

But can you have a single account's masked emails forward to separate email addresses?

@Ben My wife and I are on a family 1password account, but would she be able to leverage my Fastmail account and have her masked emails forwarded to her main email address (non-fastmail) instead of mine?

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member

@landypro, Fastmail has rules.
    Just try, first month is free...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@prime:

But wouldn’t all the family members see everyone else’s emails?

Are you referring to emails or email addresses?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@landypro:

But can you have a single account's masked emails forward to separate email addresses?

I think this would be a question better suited to Fastmail: once 1Password handles the generation of the email address, it's Fastmail that mnanages how and where that email isn delivered :+1:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I also just read Fastmail is based off of Australia, and they are not known for privacy.

Who is not known for privacy? Fastmail or Australia?

I thought privacy is an essential part of the Fastmail values.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Are you referring to emails or email addresses?

Both, actually.

@XIII

Who is not known for privacy? Fastmail or Australia?

Australia, they are very anti-privacy. They are trying to ban encryption also.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

@jqxfxiva In my experience the 30-day free accounts DO NOT ALLOW forwarding mail to external account. You can run through the config wizard to do so, then it errors out at the end when you save the rule stating it's only for paid accounts. Quite the bummer.

This discussion has been closed.