Masked Email

2»

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Thank you, I can get it to work in iOS now. I hadn't logged into the extension after rebooting my phone.

What do you need for macOS Big Sur with Safari 15.0?

• To use the feature with Safari on macOS you'd need our 1Password for Safari extension, from the Mac App Store, instead of the one baked into 1Password 7. This version of the extension can either work independently of a 1Password desktop app, or it can integrate with 1Password 8 for Mac which is currently in Early Access.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben, I knew I must be missing something. An tweak on the support articles would be helpful.

Thanks again.

• You're very welcome. Thanks for the tip — I'll let our docs team know. :+1:

Ben

• raster
    raster
    Community Member

I'm not able to get this to work on macOS Safari. It's working fine in iOS (so the accounts are definitely connected). Extension is active and I'm on the latest stable version. Details below.

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.7 (70807004)
    1Password Store

Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612)

macOS Version 11.6 (20G165)

• raster
    raster
    Community Member

Oh. I see the message above now that I need to install the App Store version of 1Password. Docs tweak would have helped as I did read through them. Thanks!

• raster
    raster
    Community Member

No dice. Quit 1Password completely. Removed extension from Safari (which asked me to move the app to the trash). Installed the App Store version. Checked the extension was active. Tried a bunch of different sites (that work on iOS version) and never get a prompt for masked email.

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.7 (70807003)
    Mac App Store

• @raster

1Password 7 and the companion Safari App Extension do not support the masked email feature. For Safari, the Fastmail integration requires the 1Password for Safari extension. This version of 1Password for Safari does not integrate with 1Password 7. It can either operate with your 1Password membership separately from the app, or it can integrate with the 1Password 8 for Mac Early Access version.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the new version.

• raster
    raster
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. I was able to get it working with that other extension.

Unfortunately, the user experience of 1Password for Safari extension with 1Password 7 is pretty poor. I'll wait for the 1Password 8 release and see what that integration is like then. Again, thank you for your help!

• Hi @raster:

On behalf of Chantelle you're very welcome!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.