1PW in the Browser v2.1 for Edge

Options

I don't see v2.1 in the Microsoft store yet, but I've gotten it updates on Chrome. Has the new extension been submitted to the Microsoft store yet?

Thx.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jFred ,

Yes, it was submitted, but every browser has their own review and approval times and we almost never manage to get 1Password on all browsers up to date simultaneously. :angry:

Hopefully it won't be too long before Edge approves the update. If you'd like to enjoy the update right now, you can simply install the Chrome version in Edge: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

There are no differences, just a matter of where you installed it from.

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Figured as much. Microsoft is just WAY slow in approving and publishing extensions. Disappointing! (But not your fault...)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help and clarify :)

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member
    Options

I also use edge and tend to use the edge version of extensions if they are available. Microsoft is super slow in releasing extensions in their store.

I have a question though. 2.1 is now available in the store, but updating through the 1Password gives me this:

I guess this is again on the side of Microsoft?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @agaton ,
    That's strange.

Can you right-click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your Edge's toolbar and select "Check for Updates"? Does that help?
    If not, I'd suggest restarting the computer and trying again.

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron I have restarted my computer, it still says that 2.0.5 is the latest version.

In my experience, it's either I remove and install the extension in the store, or wait for the 1Password notification that it has updated in the background.

It has never updated for me by clicking the "Check for Updates" button or the "Update" button in the extensions page of edge.

Must be a Microsoft thing 🤣

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Probably is :angry:

Alright then, in that case feel free to remove the extension and install it, or wait for Edge to notice it on its own and update.

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, I got the 2.1 update today.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is great to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.