Not Filling Passwords for Android E*Trade

column
column
Community Member

I have the ETrade app (version 9.5.2.3701) on Android 10, and 1Password won't populate credentials. It's running on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I know I can splitscreen 1password and fill the credentials that way...but any chance for a fix? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Referrer: forum-search:etrade

Comments

• Hello @column thanks for reaching out to us!

I did some testing with my device and I was able to fill in the E-Trade app. I'd like to ask you to navigate to Settings > Autofill and turn Autofill, Accessibility and Autofill previews on. If they're already turned on you can turn them off and then on again.

If you don't see a prompt to Autofill after adjusting your settings you can long press a login field in the app, tap the 3 dots and then tap Auto-fill.

If you're still not seeing the prompt to fill or save your credentials could you share a link to the app in the Play Store?

Let me know how that goes!

• column
    column
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Interesting, I hadn't seen any apps that required long-pressing the login fields to select autofill before. That seems to work...thanks!

It still does not automatically prompt to autofill...is that an app limitation? App link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.etrade.mobilepro.activity
    Thanks!

• Hello @column thanks for writing back and for sharing that link! I'm glad the long press did the trick.

Autofill on Android can be challenging, because there are multiple parties involved. When Autofill doesn't work as expected, it can be due to how a browser or app is developed, due to their specific details of a sign-in page, due to the Autofill not detecting the fields, or due to us doing something incorrectly. I suspect in this case there's an issue detecting the fillable field in the E-Trade app as it can be forced through the long press.

This discussion has been closed.