Any progress on working around Reused Password banner?

hazmat
hazmat
Community Member

I brought this up a long time again and was told that a solution was being worked on, but I still see no change. I have a password that has to be the same for two sites, and I wanted to get rid of the Reused Password banner. This is for a work intranet login, but it's also the same as our Office 365 logins. The difference is the usernames. One is a username and one uses our email address. Unless there is already a workaround for this scenario, when will there be an update to deal with this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hazmat,

While it's something we're investigating, I don't have any timelines to share with you at this time. I've added your voice to the feedback tracker for this.

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Thanks, Jack. I guess there's no current way for a login to use the same password, but change the username depending on the URL?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Unfortunately not @hazmat :(

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

:( indeed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully our developers will be able to come up with a solution for these scenarios though :+1:

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Hopefully, because this is actually bad for security. Since I have a valid use case for this and it's one of my most-used passwords, I barely even notice the red banner anymore. So if I see it for another login, it's barely going to register for me and I probably won't act on it.

• PaddyTB
    PaddyTB
    Community Member

I think @hazmat makes a really good point - I have the same issue and I too tend to ignore the banner now because I can't selectively get rid of it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Agreed @hazmat and @PaddyTB :+1:

This discussion has been closed.