Manually generate masked email on site form or Mac 1PW App?

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have run into occasions where I want 1PW to generate a masked email for me, but 1PW is not detecting the website email field as an email field, so there's no generate masked email option. In addition, with the 1Password plugin for Edge/chrome or the 7.x Mac app, if I 'edit' a saved credential there's no generate masked email option. So it appears that if 1PW can't detect an email field on a webpage form, that I'm out of luck for getting 1Password to generate a masked email for me.

Ideally I'd like two options to be available to me:
1) With the Edge/Chrome browser extension, allow me to generate masked email addresses for form boxes that are not auto-detected as email.
2) When I edit an existing login in any 1PW app/plugin, provide a masked email generation button.

1Password Version: 7.8.8-beta3
Extension Version: 2.1.3 Beta for Chrome/Edge
OS Version: MacOS 11

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @TravelSD:

I can definitely see how those two features would be helpful. I've just checked, and we do have active issues tracking both of these, so I've added your name to both of them.

Cheers!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#933
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#938

• rothaar
    rothaar
    Community Member
    Options

I would also value these features. Is there a way for us to add ourselves to such feature requests? I can't find your references (internal only?) to try.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rothaar:

We can add you ourselves to the internal discussions. I have just done it for you :+1:

• rothaar
    rothaar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @rothaar :)

• Kobes
    Kobes
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to be added, too.

• amberearth928
    amberearth928
    Community Member
    Options

I have also been getting increasingly frustrated with this friction point.

I've been following the other threads that mention it, but I'd like to be "added" to the list of issue(s) watchers as well, and get an update when there's progress on these.

Thank you.

• aleksijohansson
    aleksijohansson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm looking for these features very much too! I would like to watch this issue as well, thanks.

• Thank you for your votes. We will work hard to bring the feature to add a Masked email manually in 1Password as soon as possible. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

• gregoryxandrew
    gregoryxandrew
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi there, any movement on this? I'm moving away from my iPhone (to a Google Pixel) so I'll need to rely on this and can't rely on "iCloud Hide Your Email" anymore. Often times this does not work automatically and moving in to FastMail's system to do it, is sort of hell.

• Hi @gregoryxandrew:

Nothing to share just yet, but I've shared your thoughts internally.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-640

• gregoryxandrew
    gregoryxandrew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.