Masked Email creation: Unable to generate alias

Options

When trying to generate a masked email I get the error: "Email: Unable to generate alias. An error has occurred while generating the masked email."

In my Fastmail account it says that 1Password is connected. But in 1Password Integrations options under Fastmail primary email address it shows "Error - unable to fetch email address." If you switch away from the tab and then back there is just a "-" under Primary Email address.

I've tried disabling the integration on both sides and then reconnecting and the error persists.

Browser is Firefox 92.0.1.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.7 (70807004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: version 2.1.2
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hello @Jeff H,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Before going further, can you please go to your FastMail account > Settings > Masked Email > Review Access > Remove access and reconnect FastMail with 1Password again to see how it works? If that doesn't do the trick, please try some additional steps here to give 1Password a fresh start.

1. Go here and follow the steps there to clear your browser's cache.

2. Remove 1Password from your browser.

3. Reinstall a fresh copy of 1Password in your browser from here.

4. Close and open your browser and try again.

• Jeff H
    Jeff H
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. I did the above steps and still had the same problem, so I suspected something else was going on. After some digging and trial and error I found that another tool - AdGuard, was causing the problem. AdGuard has an option to block 3rd party authorization headers and when I turned that off I could create masked emails.

I guess I'll have to deactivate the AdGuard option when I need to create masked emails. But at least it works!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing this information with the community @Jeff H!

This discussion has been closed.