Last versions for standalone non-account vaults ?

newton
newton
Community Member

I've heard some discussion recently about how customers with a "standalone" licence and locally stored vaults will soon no longer be supported in some way or other, but will be somehow encouraged via feasible updates to use accounts, and vaults that do live on agilebits servers. I'm not sure how much this is/will pertain to both or either of the macOS and iOS platforms. But a couple of questions.

Firstly, can I update my macOS version 7.8.7 (70807004) to the recently available version 7.8.8 without running into any of these issues (yet) ?

Secondly, at what point will my standalone, non-account versions/vaults, both macOS and iOS, stop working with the vault that I store in Dropbox?

Many thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@newton:

Firstly, can I update my macOS version 7.8.7 (70807004) to the recently available version 7.8.8 without running into any of these issues (yet) ?

Yes :+1:

Secondly, at what point will my standalone, non-account versions/vaults, both macOS and iOS, stop working with the vault that I store in Dropbox?

1Password 7 will be the last version to support standalone vaults on both iOS and macOS, so you can certainly continue using that for as long as you wish. Future versions of 1Password starting from version 8 will only support vaults stored on 1Password.com.

• newton
    newton
    Community Member

OK, thanks for clarifying that.

Can I update to iOS version 7.8.3 as well without any similar loss of function?

• 1Password for iOS no longer has the share sheet, which has been replaced with the new 1Password for Safari extension. This extension does require a membership vaults, rather than standalone vaults. If you use the built-in iOS Password Autofill feature, rather than the share sheet, you'd be able to continue to do so.

Additional information on Password AutoFill and 1Password for Safari can be found here:

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• newton
    newton
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. I think I'll actually use Apple's keychain on iOS, as it taps the button as well! But of course Apple's keychain doesn't have the extensive front-end on macOS that 1Password does.

Thanks for the help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @newton! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.