Can't add company 1Password account. #2fa #DuoSecurity

Options
anoldguy
anoldguy
Community Member

My company has our 1Password account secured with 2FA from Duo Security. I believe this is preventing me from adding my work account to the 1Password app. I have added it successfully to the firefox extension with no issues.

When I attempt to add the account to the 1Password application, via "Manage Accounts" -> "Add an Account" -> "Sign in on 1Password.com", it successfully reads my account data, and populates the window. But after I enter the password for the account, and click "Sign In", it spins for a moment, and then I get:

"We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again." I know I'm using the correct password, as I just used it to sign into the browser extension successfully.

Checking the logs in ~/.config/1Password/logs, I see the following 3 lines for each time I attempt the sign-in:

ERROR 2021-09-14T08:56:31.214 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/signin.rs:289] error signing in from data layer: UnableToCreateClient(FetchError(post_auth_verify, code: Json, Session ID: B4QHSHZH))
ERROR 2021-09-14T08:56:31.214 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:/builds/dev/core/core/op-signin/src/lib.rs:380] error signing in from data layer: other error
ERROR 2021-09-14T08:56:31.214 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:/builds/dev/core/core/op-ui/src/signin/handlers.rs:389] Error signing in: other error

Is this a known issue? I get the same error on both the beta and stable versions.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-40.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: PopOS 21.04

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @anoldguy, thanks for informing us about this. I'm sorry you've experienced this disruption!

We'd love to get to the bottom of this for you. Can you send an email to support+linux@1password.com, and include a diagnostics report? That'll help us get the information we need to troubleshoot this thoroughly. Fortunately, you don't need to be able to sign in to do this. 👍

Here's how to create a diagnostic report from 1Password for Linux:

1. Open the 1Password application as usual (but don't sign in)
    2. Press alt. A menu will appear at the top of the 1Password window.
    3. Select the ... button, then Settings > Advanced > Send Diagnostics.
    4. 1Password will create a diagnostics file, usually on your desktop. Click Reveal to see where it went.

Attach that file to your message to us, and we'll go through the data in depth and get you on the path to a resolution.

One last thing: I'll ask you to please include a link to this here forum conversation, so that we know the customer writing in is you.

Thanks - we'll look forward to helping you out with this!

• @anoldguy Sorry for the long disruption. However we just released the 8.2.2-80 beta, which includes some fixes for our Duo support. Please try that out and let us know how it goes.

• anoldguy
    anoldguy
    Community Member
    Options

Hey hey! I've been in touch with support since that was first posted, and I can confirm this was fixed yesterday! ❤️

• @anoldguy :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.