Autofill option not showing in Firefox & several apps

aloksharma
aloksharma
Community Member

Brand/Model: Samsung SM-F415F

Autofill option is not showing in Firefox and several apps. Please see the screenshots.

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11

Comments

• Hello @aloksharma thanks for reaching out to us!

I did some testing on my device and I was able to fill and save on the digibites.zendesk website in Firefox while using the SwiftKey keyboard. I wasn't able to test YonoLite SBI due to some permissions required for that app. Are you seeing the prompt to fill or save on any websites in Firefox? If you try the same websites in another browser such as Chrome or DuckDuckGo are you prompted to Autofill?

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Hi,

it's too late to test out anything, My card issuing bank requires 3DS authentication for every transaction which is not yet supported by your merchant account, with the result my account is now frozen.

Anyway, I remember I had reported this problem to support and had also requested them to make some provision to force prompt autofill. They had then told me that they would look into it.

I believe it's two years now and still nothing has been done.

After playing around a lot, I couldn't get this autofill to work. So I finally uninstalled the app.

That way, Bitwarden is very aggressive in terms of prompting autofill then, no matter it is an app or browser. Besides, they have also provided an option to force prompt autofill by allowing the user to add a button in quick toggles. So if by chance Bitwarden is unable to prompt autofill, I can pull down the notification drawer and press on the Bitwarden autofill button in quick toggles. It works like a charm.

• Hello @aloksharma thanks for writing back to us. I'm sorry to hear Autofill was not working as expected.

We are always working to expand where 1Password can Autofill but we are not the only involved party. If Autofill is blocked in an app or website, or the Autofill service itself not detecting the fillable fields we are limited in what we can do.

While you can use split-screen mode to drag and drop your login credentials I can definitely see the advantage of having an additional button or pull down menu to force Autofill. Thank you for writing in with these suggestions.

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Thank you, @ag_timothy for the following-up on the email and also extending the trial to fix all the issues. Really appreciate it.

• Hello @aloksharma , I'm happy we could help!

This discussion has been closed.