New logins not being saved?!

Options
siplhium
siplhium
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've been using 1Password for 3-4 years. But recently I've had big trouble saving new logins. I've tried creating new logins either with the standard 1Password workflow -- which seems to have become completely unreliable -- as well as manually. But they are not being saved. When I go back to search, the logins aren't there. I'm using 1Password from within Chrome, as well as the main 1Password app. How can my new logins not be saved? I've quit completely, restarted, etc. It's as if the app has just stopped working altogether.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.1
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @siplhium!

I've tried creating new logins either with the standard 1Password workflow -- which seems to have become completely unreliable -- as well as manually.

To make sure we are on the same page, can you please confirm what you mean by "standard 1Password workflow", and by "manually"?

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

I mean the standard 1Password method; e.g., using a suggested password and taking up 1Password's offer to save it. As opposed to bypassing the 1Password's UI and manually creating and saving a login entry in 1Password. Completely quitting and restarting 1Password seemed to help, but I'll see what happens today. But I've really lost faith in trusting 1Password to do anything right when it comes to new logins, and I manually paste every new login password in stickies. A lot of the time, clicking on the suggested generated password seems to do nothing. And now I have to keep checking both 1Password within Chrome and the main 1Password app to see whether the new login was indeed saved in both. It's just not reliable, and that's very disappointing. Once my logins are saved, 1Password is a life-saver. But creating and saving new logins has become a real pain.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@siplhium:

Are you able to send us a video of what happens on one of these websites, when you try to generate a new login?

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

It's not a matter of ability; who has the time to keep sending screenshots and videos to software vendors? And there's really nothing to see, anyway -- at least in terms of troubleshooting. If I think of it the next time it happens, I'll try. Doesn't 1Password have any self-diagnostic logging to help track down problems? The issue is pretty straightforward: once a user clicks "Save", 1Password should be saving the new login. In my case, it failed to do this on multiple occasions. I don't have an unusual setup.

• @siplhium

We definitely have some ways to diagnose the behaviours. Short of creating a recording or sharing a screen shot, there are a couple of things that would help:

• A console log from the browser would help us see any sync errors with your account when attempting to save an item.
    • A diagnostics report would help us determine if there is anything on the app side that could be troublesome.

When you are able to reproduce the issue, both of these would be helpful for us to pin down any underlying issues that may be present on your Mac. If you can send them to us at support+x@1password.com, one of our team members will have a look and let you know what we find.

This discussion has been closed.