Desktop integration on macOS Monterey beta

Options

Hi,

I noticed that desktop integration from 1P Chrome doesn't seem to work on macOS Monterey beta. The extension doesn't unlock with 1P password and 1P accounts are not shared with the browser extension. I appreciate this is beta and it's not a big deal, but I thought I'd drop a line in case this is not a known issue yet. Happy to provide more details if required.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cryptochrome!

Is the integration with the desktop app enabled in the settings of the 1Password browser extension?

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana yes, of course :) I tried disabling and re-enabling it multiple times, but to no avail. It works fine on macOS 11.5.x, though. Just not on the new macOS Monterey beta.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cryptochrome:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Hello @cryptochrome

Thank you very much for reaching out. I got your email to our support channel. Let us continue our conversation there, and I will update the results here afterward.

ref: AQR-36725-163

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    Options

Desktop integration is failing for me as well.

1Password 7.8.8 (70808004) via Mac App Store
    1Password extension 2.1.2
    Mozilla Firefox 92.0.1
    MacOS 11.6

• @jareha

Can you try the following and let me know if it works?

First, let's check that integration is properly enabled:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, toggle "Integrate with 1Password app" off and on again.

We'll then want to make sure we fully quit and relaunch both 1Password and your browser:

1. Quit 1Password completely by clicking the 1Password menu beside the  logo and choosing Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

If you're still having troubles, I'd like to ask you to grab some logs, as Ana suggested here and sending them to us at support+x@1password.com.

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    Options

The above seems to have fixed my integration issue. Will report back after further use.

• Great to hear @jareha! Let us know if you run into any other issues. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.