Cannot fill 3 fields login in an app

Options
elroque
elroque
Community Member
edited October 2021 in iOS

Hi,
I have a problem filling the 3 fields in my bank's app. In the desktop browser it gets filled ok, but with the app I can't find out how to set it up.
I tried creating a new login from the form (as suggested in other answers), but it only recognizes 2 fields, so no luck there.
I'd really appreciate if you could guide me with this. I'm generally good at solving these issues, but this one I cannot figure out.
I'm attaching a screen capture. The 1password filling button appears when the cursor is in the 2nd or 3rd field, not in the 1st one.
Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @elroque:

iOS Password AutoFill is what 1Password uses to fill into apps. However, Password AutoFill is designed for standard (two field -- username and password) login forms. As Password AutoFill is a function of iOS itself rather than 1Password, this is not something we're able to change on our end. Password AutoFill would need to be updated to support more than two field forms. In this case, your best option would be copying the entry for "Documento" into the app from 1Password.

Jack

• elroque
    elroque
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jack.platten

Thanks for your answer. The thing is that when I use the autofill, it puts the username in "documento" and the password in "usuario galicia", so it doesn't work even for that. It would be ok if it only left "documento" to fill, but it isn't working properly.

• @elroque:

As I mentioned, this is a function of Password AutoFill. In short, 1Password provides credentials to iOS, and iOS performs the action of filling the credentials. 1Password has no control over what fields iOS recognizes and chooses to fill in to.

In this case, manually copying all three pieces of information into the app would be the smoothest way to sign in to this app. Additionally, the developer of the app itself can help iOS by flagging specific fields to allow iOS to better AutoFill into the app.

Here is the relevant documentation from Apple if you would like to reach out to the developer: Enabling Password AutoFill on a Text Input View | Apple Developer Documentation

Jack

This discussion has been closed.