Reused password

Lauz
Lauz
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello there,

Is there a way to bind two different logins entries to avoid the message "Reused Password" on both ?
And more is there a way to manage one password for different entries ?

I work on system that use Active Directory, and depending on which application I have to connect, it use my email, or my login (that are different so).
To be able to fill all the application I have created two different entries of the same account to fill with my email or my login.

But with that way I have two issues:

• On both entries I have the message I reuse a password (of cours it's the same account)
  • I have to update manually the password of the second account when I update my password.

I've linked both entries but it doesn't change anything (I think I don't understand this feature)

Thanks for your answers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reused password

Comments

• Hi @Lauz:

Handling Active Directory and similar authentication systems where you may have wendy.appleseed@example.com and wendy.appleseed as two usernames that share the same password is something we're still exploring, however I'll add your name to the feature request.

At this time, we don't have a way to ignore the Watchtower warning you of a reused password. I'll add your name to that feature request as well.

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

• MichaelMadsen
    MichaelMadsen
    Community Member

I would like to know about this feature request as well

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MichaelMadsen:

Thank you for letting us know! We will try to post back here in case we have any updates, or you can keep an eye out on the release notes, it will definitely be mentioned there ;)

• yngvedh
    yngvedh
    Community Member

I just want to +1 this feature request.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021

Thank you for the feedback @yngvedh, noted :+1:

• MikeZ
    MikeZ
    Community Member

+1 here, there are several scenarios where reused a passwords make sense. AD Passwords are one use case, as is having several development instances, or several applications accessing the same service, or third party authentication (e.g. authenticating service X with my Github account).

• zfreeds
    zfreeds
    Community Member

+1 I'd really appreciate this feature. I have run into quite a few services that require the same credentials in different areas, sometimes with an email, sometimes with the userid only

• fredrik3k
    fredrik3k
    Community Member

Searched the forum and found this thread.
    I too would like to vote for this feature so that multiple usernames/URLs of the same account could be bound together, sharing a single password.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@fredrik3k I'll add your vote to the feature, thanks for reaching out about it!

IDEA-I-2296

This discussion has been closed.