'Hide on this page' does not always work.

Options

Hi,

'Hide on this page' does not always work. However, this problem arises everyday.

When 'Hide on this page' is selected and I return to the page, I have observed that 1PW sometimes offers login credentials. It sometimes only offers to fill in an email address.
Both cases are shown in the attached screenshots.

I have also observed that 1PW requires me to select 'Hide on this page' on several pages on the same site.
I am not able to tell what 1PW considers a 'site' given this behavior.
All the pages are in the same domain and subdomain.
I would prefer to have control over the domains and subdomains to which this setting applies.
So, for example, I would like to be presented with in-line, on-focus suggestions on the domain mcckc.edu, and subdomain my.mcckc.edu, but not on the subdomain metrosoft.mcckc.edu.

Of course, I have to select 'Hide on this site' for each page every day, and sometimes multiple times a day. I would prefer that 'Hide on this page' settings were persistent.

I prefer 1PW to offer suggestions in-line, on focus. I know that disabling this feature will prevent these 1PW pop-ups.

1PW Chrome extension and Firefox extension, both ver. 2.1.2
Chrome Version 94.0.4606.71
Firefox Ver 93.0
I have disabled the browser password managers for both Chrome and Firefox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @djlittlemind:

Thanks for letting us know about this. Since something doesn't seem to be quite right, as you've definitely selected "Hide on this page", would you mind providing some more details about the page? To do this, right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then select Help > Collect Page Structure.

Send that .json file in an email to support+x@1password.com and you'll receive a response from BitBot with a Support ID. Post that ID here, and I'll make sure that it gets looked at by the right people.

Jack

• djlittlemind
    djlittlemind
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the subject line from the support email reply:
    Re: [#XWA-54333-781] Collected page structures

• Thanks for that @djlittlemind!

I've located your message in our system and someone will be in touch there.

Jack

ref: XWA-54333-781

This discussion has been closed.