1,500 duplicate entries

Zuano
Zuano
Community Member
edited October 2021 in Lounge

Hello,
I didn't quite understand about the iCloud and 1Password tressors and now I have 1500 duplicate or maybe even triplicate entries.

1Password has asked me if I want to migrate it.

In the meantime I have already made several entries in the 1Password Tressor. Now I don't know which ones I have in the iCloud Tressor and which ones I have in the 1Password Tressor.

All in all, this solution offered by 1Password is pretty crap and I could have happily done without it.

It would have been enough for me if the tressor had remained in iCloud and I had NOT been asked.

1Password version 7.6 asked me this in macOS 10.12.6.

I also use 1Password on my Mac Mini M1, iPhone, iPad and Windows.

How do I remove the duplicates again?

Kind regards,

Zuano

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zuano!

How do I remove the duplicates again?

Are the duplicates within the same vault, or do you have duplicates because you have multiple vaults with the same items. From what you wrote, I think it's the second scenario, but it would be great if you could confirm.

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member

I logged out completely and logged in to 1Password and only used the 1Password tressor.
    Now it seems to fit again.
    870 entries. No visible duplicates at first glance.
    I think I had both tressors open before.
    Thank you.

• Thanks for the update @Zuano. We recommend completely removing the 'Primary' vault from all devices once you've confirmed all of your data is available via https://my.1password.com/

Instructions can be found here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member

Yes, that probably helps. In case I forget again next time that I have to log in to 1Password instead of iCloud.

There are somehow four ways to log in, instead of getting a suggestion for the last one used.

But now it's a little clearer to me that I basically had two tressors in two different places.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zuano:

But now it's a little clearer to me that I basically had two tressors in two different places.

That's exactly it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.