Windows 1Password feature request: auto-repeat search when changing categories

Options

This has been bugging me for a while so I decided to ask about it. This is a relatively minor gripe which is perhaps a testament to how great 1Password Windows client actually is (at least for me), since this minor thing seems to be my biggest issue currently.

I often do a search in 1Password, only to realize that I am in a category other than All items, e.g. Favorites or Bank accounts. After realizing this, I click All items in the left pane and at that point my search query is erased and I have to retype it and hit Enter again. The interesting thing is that just before my query and search results are erased, for a split second, the correct search results seem to be shown for the new category I just selected. They quickly disappear again as the search box is automatically cleared out.

Would it be possible to just re-apply the current search query automatically when switching categories, instead of auto-erasing it? And when you are done with your search results you can just hit the X on the right side of your search box which will clear out your search and go back to showing all entries in the category.

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1237

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MStyle!

Thank you for the feedback! I have good news for you: the latest 1Password 8 Early Access version improved this behavior, so now when you switch categories, what you have typed in the search bar remains there :)

This discussion has been closed.