Master password on iPad different than on my iPhone!!!

Options
sherifelabd
sherifelabd
Community Member

First I had one password on both iPad and iPhone, then suddenly I was logging in the iPad it started giving me wrong password Message all the time, so I tried the older password and it logged me in. Since then I have a password for my phone and another for my iPad and both devices don’t sync together anymore.

Any help

1Password Version: 7.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS iPadOS 15.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sherifelabd!

It sounds like you have different vaults on your two devices. The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

Did you perhaps add a 1Password account to the iPad, but not on your phone (or viceversa)? This would explain what you are seeing.

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, but let me try to explain what happened more. Both devices were working fine together with the same password syncing together and without the mentioned problem, this problem happened automatically without adding an account because it was already added and working, but after changing the master password with few hours. I tried adding “Add Existing account” on the iPad as it’s the older password as to make them the same, but it replied that this account already exists.
    I would like to mention that this is a family account, I’m the main member or admin and this is happening to my wife’s vaults. I don’t know if this info is important or not.

Please help me on how to fix this, Thanks again

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it again selecting 1Password.com and it worked perfectly again :))
    @ag_ana

• On behalf of Ana, you are very welcome @sherifelabd! :smile:

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.